Wednesday, January 03, 2007
My friend Dan
It took me about two hours to get on my blog. Which brings me to a new low. It seems to me, I can't remember passwords anymore. And I'm not even thirty yet! In addition to this. Computers don't like me. Whenever they ask me to put in those swirvy letter verifications... I enter what I think they are, and then I get declined. Then my A.D.D kicks in and I start doing something else. A.D.D has been extremely helpful these days... yeah it's been destructive too. But it's a great defense mechanism. When I get frustrated because I can't remember a password or do letter verifications after I vent some anger, I begin to start doing something else. Like see what movies are playing, or looking at other peoples blogs because I can't log onto mine. Inevitably I land on my friend Dan Franklin's blog. I love his blog, because he rates movies, and nine times out of ten, I dig the movies that he digs. Plus Dan and I decided we are best friends that never hang out. Which is new terrain for friendships I feel. Because come on... who doesn't want to hang out with their best friend? Yet Dan and I just can't seem to find the time. And he only lives a mile away. Mine as well be Australia as far as we're concerned. We just can't make it work. I should mention as well that we work at the same place, and attended the same seminary, and church... yet, we can't seem to find each other... and his office is two doors down from the office that I work out of. Crazy. This is the first best friends that never hang out situation I've ever been in, and I gotta say, it's quite interesting. We also share the same taste in music, and we like the same authors, and like I said, I like his blog. His blog entitled "almost" I found to be quite entertaining. Plus, his blog where he critiques Deja Vu is very entertaining, and I didn't see the movie just because of his review, and I'm a huge Tony Scott fan! Another interesting fact about Dan and I is that there is one movie out there that pretty much nobody saw for some reason, and it was our favorite movie in college, though neither of us new it at the time. We only discovered this years after we graduated in a conversation we had at a bar in Vilnius Lithuania two years ago. That movie: "the zero effect." Nobody is aware of this gem. And what is really funny is, neither of us had been to Portland Oregon at the time we saw this movie, and the whole thing was shot here, in portland. We only realized this after we watched the movie again once we both actually lived here, and then realized that the whole thing was filmed here. Wow, that sentence was confusing, and really not that funny. So I want to take this time to rate Dan Franklin's blog. I give it a 8.5 out of ten. He could be a lot funnier if he wanted to. Yet he chooses not to, I like his overall layout. The only downer is he went with the narrow blog post format, so you have to do a lot of scrolling. But he takes great pics, his movie reviews are solid. And every post is interesting on some level... if not informative. In addition to this he posts frequently, unlike myself which is why I'm giving my blog a 7.2.Nice work Dan, that's the highest rating I've given any blog a solid 8.2. Just one point higher than my blog! Where I have you beat in my mind is the wider blog format so you don't have to scroll as much, and my colors are more vibrant... giving the view "a happy go lucky" feel. My blog lacks movie reviews which is a bummer, so I got to start that... but a redeeming quality is the entertaining short flicks that can be seen from short flicks section. I'll be awaiting a review of my blog from you in the not too distant future. Maybe we should be blogging friends, predominately communicating through blog since we never see each other. Something to consider for the future. Keep up the blogging Dan. Cheers. Seth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dan, I hope to see you soon, maybe we can even hang out. Time will tell.
seth-this has nothing to do with your posting but thought i would say that i wasn't at all offended with our converstation during brunch last time we were down. don't now if tim ever cleared that up. i quite enjoy analyzing people and circumstances...
alright...that's all...
thanks for the comments on our blog, we will start the acting classes now with our girls.
see ya,
helen
(on a side note: would we be considered "cousin-in-laws"???).... :)
Post a Comment