Friday, March 23, 2007
the title of this post goes here
I am drama. I am me. Me that I am. I feel like I have to post, yet I don't know what to post about. I guess, just some new things. I take my french dictionary with me in my pocket everyday, and I like using it, but it made me realize how tight my pockets are, and my pants possibly, I guess I could be in an 80's rock band if my pants have their way. It's really uncomfortable and it's got to look obnoxious. Also, I went to register at the U.S. Embassy the other day, and realized I had a pocket knife in my pocket, as I approached security I wondered if they would take my knife. They increased security here the last few days do to some things that would take me too long to explain and it would also worry Trina's parents. But this is my favorite knife, and I didn't want to part with it. So I decided to try and sneak it into the embassy without getting caught. I was recently educated in the art of "slight of hand" by my favorite magician Sir. Kevin Holzer (I recently had him knighted). So phase one of security, I simply held the knife clenched in my fist and put both hands above my head. But since I was so much taller, the guard didn't check my hands, he was to concerned with my clothes and pockets. The second gaurd post, same drill different gaurd. Now we were in the embassy compound, I thought about putting the knife in my shoe. The last phase approached. I didn't have time for the shoe maneuver. I went inside the embassy door, and there was a metal dectetor that you had to walk through. I didn't try to sneak it through. I gave it to the guard on the condition that he would give it back. But, I realized, that there is alot you can get away with here, conversely, there is many ways you can get into trouble here. It's been a fun learning experience so far. We did go to a peacemaking seminar, and learned techniques on how to educate and resolve conflict. It was an informative seminar, that was highly relevant and we all hope to put the info into good practical use in our lives, and while we are here. I'm meeting a lot of people and forgetting their names. So that's a bummer, but I'll be visiting some local burundians at their home, and I'm gonna go to church with one guy that I met yesterday. I'm quite sure it will be an adventure. These are just pop corn sentences, with different thoughts I realize, but it's something. I can't get over how hot it is here. I think it's just for the next two months, then it will cool down. But lot's of people are commenting on it... not just me. Granted most of the people aren't locals, but... there is some empathy... oh, I got a cell phone, and I'm learning how to text finally, I feel like a swanky european, who sweats all the time, and takes forever to text a simple message. We hope to start French Lesson's soon, so that will help me feel like a swanky european, who sweats all the time, and speaks french... which is a slight improvement (depending on your point of view). Anyway, that's something I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that was a perfect post! i can just see you in all of your swankiness. thanks for the descriptions..
Post a Comment