Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Check out some vids

It was about three months ago, maybe more when my buddy Brando returned from a trip to Canada. I was in the process of several meetings with “doctors without borders” to do a film for a rape rehabilitation clinic. I could take it or leave it, but I was excited about doing something to help victims of rape if they chose to go with me to produce the videos. I went for a shot of Espresso at a place Brandon and I have been known to frequent. A restaurant called “umbuntu.” It was a sunny morning, we sat on the lawn under an umbrella table, and Brandon said a friend of his was going to give away thousands of soccer balls, and he needed a video to be made to promote his soccer ball give away, as well as photos. Brando was going to do the photos. That’s how it started. I was thinking. Shooting local soccer matches would be fun, plus it’s so beautiful here, and Burundians love football. For the next three months I would be driving around filming soccer matches, random kids playing with home made balls, and then driving to a rape rehab clinic for heavy shoots with children and women who have been raped. It was manic depressive for a while to say the least. Today, I just finished the last of the 18 videos I did for the rape rehab clinic… and as I finished I learned that all the little soccer videos I did are now online, as well as a little article I wrote with Antonio, the gentleman who is doing the ball distribution. I just wanted to share some links so you can see the vids, and learn more about the soccer ball give away. I think it’s great the Antonio wants to give out quality soccer balls to kids who would otherwise have no chance to ever play with a real ball. Until you see these kids get a quality ball with your own eyes, you really have no idea at how huge of a gift that is. Though if you check out the video “transformative powers of a football,” on the link below, you’ll see some pretty excited kids. You’ll also see my buddy Brando, who came on a few of the shoots with me, and you’ll see my car behind Brando, it’s a Toyota caldina. I haven’t named my car yet, but if you have any suggestions… I’m open. Also, my good friend, Lizzie did all the voice over work for me. She's choice for any voice over work. I'm fortunate to have her. Enjoy the videos, and consider giving some footballs to some of the poorest kids in the world. I’ve given away about thirty balls, and I imagine, I’ll give away a lot more before I leave.

Unfortunately, you may have to copy the link, and paste it into your address bar. Once on the COS website, simply click the videos icon. A page will open with four videos. Enjoy.

Link to the videos:

http://www.thecosfootballgiveaway.org/#view=9

Link to the article:

http://www.freekickmag.com/

1 comment:

Rakel said...

Seth....what a delightful thing!! You are so talented....and we so enjoyed seing those little kids...makes me want to go back to Africa again