Sunday, April 19, 2009

PTI partners with G-Shep in earnest

Well done team G-shep!

Good and faithful friends. Trina and I were truly blessed by your visit. A huge thanks to Ryan, Blake, Kim, and Kathy. Through sickness and almost-heath these guys really blessed the Burundian youth, and PTI members as well as Trina and myself, for a little over a week. Each person bringing their individual gifts and personalities. I’m honored to call you all friends, and I’m proud of the work you did here, and how you assisted Trina at PTI. I know Emmanuel feels the same, and as we drove back from the airport after dropping you off, we talked about how great it was to have you, and how we can continue to nurture a thriving mutually beneficial relationship in the future with more visits, deeper relationships, and quality bonding and mutual learning. Trina and I truly believe Good Shepherd, and PTI can sharpen each other in so many ways. To come all the way to Burundi and share yourselves, your work, and your stories, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Good Shepherd loves the youth of Burundi and wants to be in a meaningful relationship with them, beyond talk and empty western promises, but rather real genuine love, in person. Jean drove his moped all the way out to the airport to see off the Good shepherd team, and almost missed them as they passed through security. I thanked him for driving out to see off our team. He was sad to see them go, and many don’t know that driving a little moped all the way out to the airport is quite a dangerous thing, not to mention expensive because of fuel costs, and the fact that he makes barely any money at all, so that showed me a lot of the impact that the team had on the local staff at PTI. There is no end to the depths and dangers of one of the richest churches and cultures in the world partnering with the poorest and I truly hope we can embrace the challenge whole hearted and make mistakes and learn together. I can’t thank Good Shepherd and the team enough. Real quick favorite moments:

Lot’s of favorite moments with Ryan, doctors office with the Mohamad. Hangin’ at rainbow with Ryan and Blake when they were both really sick “down south.” Ryan using fans in ways he’s never done before. Ryan, Kim, and Blake, all laying in the front room sick, as we rehashed 1.3 for the mutual edification of us all. Numerous car rides searching for aggressive carries. Watching Kathy teach all those Burundians as they stared at her relentlessly, also watching Kathy take such a keen interest in our friends here, wanting to learn all about them. Watching Ryan Blake and Kim play volleyball, even though they were barely healthy, and not quite recovered from what I think was some of their least pleasant illnesses they’ve sustained in life. Watching Ryan walk after four days of being in country.
You guys are great, make sure you greet all the staff for us, and ryan, keep the weight off. P90X baby.

1 comment:

Rakel said...

Thanks Seth...the team gave a glowing report at Staff Lunch today and we are so proud of you guys.....