Monday, March 26, 2007

Tourist Destinations

This is an interesting article I found. I don't know exactly how people find this out, but i thought it was interesting at least that GSCC has had or still has it's people in at least 4 of the worlds most dangerous destinations for 2007 which I think is very healthy, and I hope GSCC will send people to all of these destinations in time:

The World's Most Dangerous Destinations for 2007
Somalia
Iraq
Afghanistan
Democratic Republic of Congo
Côte d'Ivoire
Pakistan
Burundi
Sri Lanka
Haiti
Chad
Lebanon
Liberia
Of course, you probably don't think of these places as vacation destinations, unless you're a whacked-out
Robert Young Pelton. However, employees of governments, oil and mining industries, and telecom industries are increasingly being dispatched to these locations. If you work for one of those groups, be certain to ask about insurance, hazard pay -- and a bodyguard.
Interestingly, the piece argues that the world is NOT getting more dangerous right now. Rather, globalization and the attendant "shrinking" of the planet is largely responsible for making the world APPEAR more dangerous now than before.


Okay, so that's the article. In a related topic however, Dan told me the other day, that Bujumbura, Burundi, in addition to being one of the most dangerous locations, also is the second to least preferable tourest destinations in the world. At the bottom of the list is Chad, I believe.

2 comments:

mamabear said...

I ALWAYS SAY IT'S BETTER TO START FROM THE BOTTOM UP. It makes you wiser so Seth you are in the right spot also never underestimate the power of your name SETH "the appointed one" now there lies the POWER... walk in it daily and your destinations will move upward....

oregonfatts said...

that's what I'm talking about mom... that's the way to hit the list. we're hoping to visit Chad soon!