Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back to the grind

Well, some very big transitioning is happening in our African Great Lake region. I'm still in Kenya back to work with the country director Jean Paul. We will be going to the slums of Nairobi today or tomorrow I believe. Back in Burundi I am confident that there is no internet still so I'll try and get back to as many people as possible today. The good shepherd team is back in the states, and we had a successful visit to a refugee camp in Tanzania, and the team preached and worked with youth in Nyanza Lac. In the midst of their visit the Brose family left the region. It was a difficult departure for many but the staff seems to have adjusted back to work same old same though I think Dan's office is empty, I'm working on putting a life sized cardboard cut out of Dan behind his desk with the classic Dan smile.
In my world, I moved my editing suite to a different room, but it's still incomplete, there is much more work to do. It was great to hang out with Troy in the middle of all the transition. We are both surfers though my skills have suffered these passed 10 years where Troy has grown to new levels of ability. But we had that surfer connection and had great fellowship. I can't thank the good shepherd folk enough, in addition to all our friends and family for all the gifts and goodies you brought out and gave to us. It's huge. We feel the love. I think in two days we will be back to Burundi to sort out all the suit cases and I'll organize my new office, and we'll start setting up our abode and getting back to the daily grind in the heart of Africa. I want Greg from Mars Hill to know that I got 5lbs of green Burundi coffee, I will be sending his way with the next mars hill team or possibly sooner with a front line team. So get ready to roast some Burundi beans, we'll see what we can come up with... micro enterprise baby!!! Get your four wheelers ready.
Okay, sorry about those personal messages in the middle of blog posts. I don't even know if Greg will see it. Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the Good Shepard crew fare in the soccer match?

Greg said...

Hey seth. I'm following the blogs, so thx for the shout out. I'm missing you guys and dreaming of more engagement with burundi and her partners. Let's skype it up when you get internet access back. Let us know if you need anything from here. Greg

Dan Brose said...

Chef de fone, how's the Sethster? Hey, i can't wait to see the life-sized cardboard cutout! We have just arrived in the US, and I'm missing you guys a lot. I know that I am going to seriously miss the dinner discussions every evening. Say hi to Trina and Sara for me. Cheers.