Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Banctification: The art of backwards sanctification.

Banctification: The art of backwards sanctification.

This one is for Doug, the champion among friends here in the heart of Africa. I’ve not been that graceful these past weeks in my attitude, and work. At times I feel like there’s nothing good in me. My patience seems to be at an all time low... daily trials, defeating me. I ended up mentioning to my buddy Doug... that I don’t think I’m being “sanctified,” and if I am, I’m being sanctified backwards. Doug, like me is tired of his faults lately. But, he can turn his stuff into a sweet song, on the guitar, and somehow he always takes the higher road. I told him maybe I’ll write a song, or make a video on the art of “backwards sanctification.” Well, I already have more than enough video work, and I’m horrible at writing songs. Although, my covenant friend Jonathan and I both enjoy the song “it’s just me, and the 3 of you” which is a 3 chord banger I wrote almost a year ago, (you can actually see the music video of the song here:

http://www.sermonspice.com/search?fpage=1&q=small%20group%20music%20video just click on the little icon with me and my guitar, which reminds me, the video features my sweet martin guitar and a pitcher of milk!)

its about a guy, Clay Fitz who starts his own “small group.” Aside from that song/music video, which really is kind of a joke, I can’t do music. So here is a little diddy, for Doug.

Am I getting better, Or am I getting worse?
I feel a lot more selfish now, than I did at first.
Though I’m getting older, my inner man’s renewed.
But then I think unto myself “where is this inner dude?”
All I feel is anger, depressiveness, and doubt.
Where is this mighty inner man, and what is he about?
Why won’t this inner man respond to my daily trials,
Forward seems one step I take, then backtrack several miles.
It’s me who fights police, when they stop me for no reason.
Inner man should then come out and start some people pleasin’.
But alas, he never does, he just leaves me to myself,
And takes with him those saintly acts, I’ve only read about.
Daily is the grind I work, and hourly the sinning.
The race I run against this man, I everyday am winning.

The sin of self within my being is worse than rush-hour traffic,
The inner man seems weak and small when faced with Sethly tactics.
Too much Seth doeth fill my life, and man does it sure suck.
The crap I fight and feel each day could pack a semi truck.
So then I have to ask myself: Am I being sanctified?
The things about myself I hate, are lavishly applied;
seasoning my words and deeds and, woe my daily life.
It doesn’t ever seem to me, I’m “fighting the good fight.”
I know the one, who when he lies will speak “his native tongue,”
My daily life can often seem, like some sweet song he’s sung.
Though the songs I weekly sing are to his enemy,
I think this liar’s found some sweet and mighty friend in me.
One day I hope and I do pray to meet this inner man.
If he has daily won in life, I’ll gladly shake his hand.
Until that day should I believe, I’m inwardly renewed…
Grace, and, Faith the fight I live until my flesh subdued.



So there it is Doug. Banctification. Possibly a video to come if something comes to mind.

2 comments:

Dan Brose said...

Hey Seth, if you weren't struggling with this, then I'd wonder what was wrong with you! I'm so glad that you've got Dooglass (the 'mutama' himself) to join you in the battle. I couldn't imagine two better men or friends who I'd want with me in the trenches. Hope you got some refreshment on the beaches in Kigoma.

Struggling with you, Dan.

daylon said...

Thank you Seth for your honesty. Keep your mind on the things of the spirit! love ya'll for being there.