Monday, December 03, 2007
Trina's Birthday
It's that time of year. Trina is super excited about her birthday (Dec 19th). Of course I didn't plan well, so I'll be doing my shopping in Burundi. I hope to find something... yet this is a bit of a challenge, I'm open to suggestions. One of those birthdays that is five days before christmas... tragic! I've met, I think, two people with these types of "birthdays close to Christmas," they had a venting empathy session in front of me, which really caused me to ponder the importance of family planning. I decided after listening to these Christmas babies talk about their hardships, that nobody should give birth during the month of December. It seems like that is the best solution to the situation. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season thus far, and hopefully you're not giving birth. Tangent. I have yet to do any Christmas shopping myself, but I don't expect there will be any sales or last minute shopping rushes to deal with this year. The only Christmas music I hear is Sara's new Bebo Christmas CD, and some mixed Christmas CD that Trina has. Somehow, Trina found a fake christmas tree (I don't know how she does stuff like that), which the new cat keeps destroying. Cat's cannot resist Christmas Trees, which brings up another situation: cat's should not celebrate Christmas. They simply don't "get it" as it were. If you happen to have a cat, and you want to get a Christmas tree, you have a critical decision to make. You can either send the cat away, on some sort of "holiday away from Christmas," or simply refuse to put up a Christmas tree. But the two cannot coexist. It's a recipe for disaster. Fact: More cats break their legs on Christmas than any other holiday. Have you ever seen a cat in a cast? I have. They look ridiculous. A co-worker brought her cat to work last year after the cat broke it's leg messing around on the Christmas tree. If there is such thing as a "cat heaven" I bet the place would be full of Christmas trees, and cats could play in the trees freely without fear of injury. Also, there would probably be lots of catnip, and milk... and mice. Wow. That's a weird place. So back to Trina, if Pat and Rakel, have any suggestions on what to do about Trina's birthday, I'm listening. What did you guys do? I always imagined that you didn't celebrate birthdays. I've never been much of a birthday celebrator. If you happen to be one of those december birthday folk, feel free to leave angry comments. Or possibly you like having your birthday in December... I don't know. I suppose it's possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'll write you a separate e-mail on the topic of birthday celebrations far away from home....they can be a lot of fun....if you make an effort ...and we know you are good at "efforts"
Oh I can feel your pain, in my immediate family alone there are 6 birthdays in December. John's birthday is on the 21st!!!! Growing up I hated it... but now I don't really mind. As long as I get remembered then I usually don't feel too bad. Tell Trina Happy Birthday from the Cimino's!!!
Mal's birthday is the 29th so she understands Trina's perspective and I understand yours. As for the cat, Ken tied my tree to a small hook on the ceiling with fishing line. It really is funny to see the tree sway and wobble but it won't go anywhere. That way, the cat can enjoy Christmas, too.
How about a nice night of love making o what did I just say? LOL and maybe time for family planing ?
John C
Find the best flowers and take the night off from everything. I think this is what pat and rakel might have had in mind.
And on a side note mine is on the 21st of december
You know what they call the family planing method thats right pregnancy/Thats from bob Dorsey/I love that guy.Have a nice day.
i imagine by now you have already celebrated. hope it was good. she deserves much.
Post a Comment