Saturday, March 29, 2008

Have you heard from Sara?

So I wonder what Sara is doing? That’s a question Trina and I have been asking each other, with no decent answer. We suspect she’s in Cali. I think since she’s been a roomie for so long we feel we’ve lost a friend to the big dangerous world, and we’re just hoping she’s okay. Which she must be… I haven’t seen her surface on facebook, which means I think she’s with family having a great, and confusing time possibly before falling to sleep each night, possibly a processing time, but enjoying great food, and beverage. If I went back to the states, I bet I’d just eat… all over the place, all the time. I’d hit all my favorite spots. All this to say, we’ll miss you Sara, we had some good times, some funny times, some tough times, but they were all real. Let me know some of your favorite visits, if you get the chance. Food and People. I’m sure Bekah’s going to look you up. It’s so crazy for me to think about. A transition into a new world, and a former life revisited. You’ll have to give me some “lessons learned.” Trina’s taken Tanya to the beach, you know how that goes. I’m writing, and Jer is reading “the shack.” I liked it. I finished it this morning, I had some issues with the dialogue from time to time, and occasional narrative bits I thought could have been greatly improved, but I was simultaneously reading Tolkien... That being said… I dug the whole concept, it was just a great story, I even read the “missy project” and I bet they’ll make it into a film. I was thinking that the whole time I read it, though I’m not confident it will transpose to film well… I guess we’ll see. It’s definitely a dialogue driven piece. Anyways, cheers Sara, a new life. A car, and people you once new well, and still know, and will now see face to face. I suspect it will go well. Sorry I didn’t knock on your door to say goodbye. I’m such the not goodbye person. I avoid them like something people like to avoid. I’m a great hello person though… so “Hello, I hope you’re travels went well. I’m sure we’ll see you again… “

10 comments:

Rakel said...

Seth....she is doing well...enjoying her family here in the USA I guess and the snow that has fallen this week. We decided that the "snow-show" was just for her!! It is always bitter-sweet to come and go...in either direction! Anyway, we will hang out on Monday we decided..first, check out the pics on my blog...she did arrive here!! I have proof!

Bekah said...

we already introduced her to Saucebox happy hour AND dragged her dancing.. welcome back, sara!!

that girl is LOVED.. miss you and Trina too!

sara said...

dragged ME dancing?! i thought you were the one being dragged beks. yup, i'm home and happy. thanks for the shout-out Sir Tallness. sorry i didn't drag my lazy self out of bed to say bye to you before you hit the road, but i also hate goodbyes so i guess we both won. give the Freak a rough pet for me would ya?

Rakel said...

One more thought Seth...you might want to read J's blog...
http://www.jonathanspear.blogspot.com/

Bekah said...

so so true, sara! we love jamie that much though...

Jane Jane said...

Had a great time with Sara yesterday. Yep- she looks like a woman having grown in knowledge and riches- you know those kind of riches- the wealth one receives from living with another people, tribe, tongue and nation. Yep- i imagine you are counting up your wealth too. love ya bro- thanks for being there.

Anonymous said...

Seth,
Hey! Would you wander over to my blog and post a comment about your experience in Sudan....you could even link it to your blog here that you did on it, or was that Trina? We sent out our first team from Harvest to Sudan on the 1st. I would love your perspective for others to see and be encouraged by...family members who have sent their loved one! Thanks

Dan Brose said...

Oh Seth the mighty one! I know for a fact that she is here, I even encountered her on facebook: Pivos, box and all! I guess I liked "The Shack" more than you did, but I was in an emotional state of mind when I read it. It was spiritually very powerful for me. And definitely go to Jonathan's blog to see his analysis; very good. So, we'll attempt to see Sara in real life this Friday, and we'll give a report. Your friend, the "Chef du Bend".

Unknown said...

Does this mean that we should be bringing some whoppers/chick-fil-A too?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.