Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The long delay.

I haven’t checked Trina’s blog, but I gotta get a post out there, I hope she’s been posting for the sake of her faithful constituency. We are doing well. We’re blessed to be a part of a new and growing and exciting community tentatively called PTI, partnership trust international. We all have a common vision to serve Burundians, and to equip pastors to serve in their communities. It sort of feels like the founder of PTI and close friend Emmanuel Ndikumana is a reformer and he’s bringing an indigenous reformation to Burundi and we’re holding on for the ride, and doing what we know how to do along the way. Trina’s little youth group is doing great. The kids love her, and they are over every Tuesday, playing and studying. I did a Kirundi video for our community and the parents of the many kids who showed up for our week long event (three times as many kids as we projected for) showing what we’ve done for Burundi’s youth over spring break. The parents of these kids are blown away by PTI and it’s creating waves, good waves in the community. I’ve just finished a short flick featuring my buddy Simon from the U.K. and we’ll see if the film is appropriate for the west. It’s premiering in a night club in London in August to raise money for street kids ministries in Burundi (the group is called Pilgrim), what I love about this opportunity is it gets London night clubbers invovled in rehabilitation work for street kids with Christian agencies that are just hands down doing great work in Burundi... and if it gets approved State side it should be available on-line in May. Simon is sort of a gritty individual, and he’s passionate about discipleship and evangelism. Sometimes he can come across harsh, but it’s only because he’s so passionate about ministry. He holds nothing back in this flick which we’ve called “a starfish called Enoch.” It’s a fantanstic time for media for me right now, as I’m literally working on 5 flicks at the same time. Three are in post production, two are in pre-production and two are in production… so I guess that makes 7. That’s crazy, I never was good at math... and as my good bud Dan Franklin pointed out recently, I've been forgetting the names of the flicks I've done... looks like the early onset of part-timers... yikes

A huge thank you to my home church there in Boring, you know who you are, always overly generous to Trina and I. Lew, you’re amazing. John, you rock. Tony, Andy, you guys rock hard and you’re brothers to boot. Ken and Sue, as always, so faithful, so generous. Jer, unbelievable, Jesse and Jill, thank you so much, the running shoes are well worn already, all the rest that I’m not naming, I don’t forget you or take you for granted, I just can’t seem to pull up your name right now… I am turning 31 (and I already pointed out that I'm forgetting the name of my flicks... and it's not like I've done hundreds of them). Anyway, lots of love and thankfulness from the Chase clan in Burundi.

1 comment:

Rakel said...

As always...we love you guys, think of you often and pray for you...my goodness, you are our kids!!!